Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review!




My family and I had the awesome chance to review a bunch of products from Newman’s Own organics line. You might be like me and not realize that Newman’s Own organic line is different from Newman’s own. Newman’s own organics started as a division of Newman's Own in 1993 by Nell Newman and her business partner, Peter Meehan, but became a separate company in early 2001. As I have posted before, I am trying to switch my family to organic products as much as possible. The Newman’s organic products were all very tasty! And I felt great sharing them with my family.


Now that you got a little education, down to the goods.  We tried cookies, pretzels, chocolate candies, mints, and licorice. I want to start with the chocolate first. OMG! It was so good, I broke my diet. I kept eating it. The chocolate with peanut butter was my favorite. I ate all of them before anyone else even got a chance to ask for one. Terrible, I know!  I also absolutely LOVED the chocolate bars. The milk chocolate was my favorite. The chocolate was definitely delicious. But a close second were the chocolate cookies filled with chocolate cream.  They were heavenly. The cookie part was not stale tasting (that I sometimes find with other brands.) And the cream filling was wonderful. Not too sweet or overpowering.  It was a perfect amount of chocolate. These were gone pretty quickly. We will definitely buy these cookies again.


Besides the candy, the kids loved the pretzels. I am not a big pretzel fan but these were pretty good!  Everyone agreed that the Salted pretzel sticks were the best tasting.  They were so fresh tasting with just the right amount of salt.  They weren’t “burned” either. I *HATE* when you have a bunch of pretzels that are burned. This was a yummy snack that was pretty healthy.  The pretzel sticks only 110 calories, 10 being from fat for 12 pretzels.  



Finally, we sampled the licorice. The kids were not big fans but I loved the sour cherry. It is soft with a nice flavor. But there was a nice surprise, it has sugar on it! I have NEVER had licorice with a sugar coating on it. At first, I wasn’t sure but it was very good. I was thinking of trying to convince the kids to taste it, but I changed my mind since I don’t feel like sharing with them anyway! I want to keep it all for myself.

Prior to this review I have only tasted a few Newman’s own products but I am now going to be a loyal customer. The products were all very good. They tasted so fresh. And I felt great feeding the organic products to my family.


**Disclaimer:  I received products to review for this post. I received no financial compensation. My opinions are my own and were not influenced in anyway. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comment. I love reading what you have to say.