Sunday, August 12, 2012

lunchblox review

I recently had the chance to review a lunchblox. (No, that isn't a typo.) And let me tell you, I loved it. I pack my lunch for work and it is usually a smartones frozen meal and a yogurt. How UNEXCITING? But since I got my lunchblox, I have been packing different things. I usually use the left overs from last nights dinner along with some fruit. The thing I was MOST impressed with? The space it saved. I could fit the lunchblox nicely in my lunch box and had room to spare. You can stack the containers top of each other, which includes an ice pack. Isn't that awesome? Here you can see all my containers stacked:
My lunchblox came with 4 containers plus an ice pack. The bottom container is the biggest. Then 1 medium sized container along with 2 smaller containers on top.The large container holds a nice amount of food (perfect for lunches.) I was able to fit 2 chicken tenders and some mashed potatoes in this container. I did find the two smaller snack containers to be on a bit on the small side. But they are perfect for dips, dressings, nuts, etc. The bigger snack container is a perfect fit for fruit. Here you can see the amount of food I was able to pack:
The other great thing I love about these containers? They can be used in the dishwasher, microwave, and freezer. They are also bpa-free. That made me happy because I don't buy anything that can't go in the dishwasher and we are staying away from products with bpa as much as possible. They also have several different set ups for the lunch boxes. I personally want the salad kit:


 You can take a look at the different set ups that are offered on rubbermaids website.

You can find the lunchblox at rubbermaid.com, Target, and other grocery stores and select Wal-Mart stores. The suggested retail price is $12.99 but that can vary.

**I was give a free lunchblox to review. All my opinions are my own and not influenced in anyway.




1 comment:

  1. I have seen lunchbloxes before and I am super impressed with them! They would be so great for kids lunches, especially since it's difficult to pack a balanced lunch without sending the kids to school with a tote bag filled with balanced and healthy items. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment. I love reading what you have to say.